Thursday, July 10, 2008

2 Way Target Has Saved My Ass



Department: The best things about Target you didn't know






In the past 2 weeks there have been 2 crucial occasions at Target where I thought surely I was going to be in trouble. And I don't mean in the usual way where I am in trouble because I walked in with the intention of spending a few bucks on diapers and walked out with $200 worth of stuff that I probably could live without. Or could I? Doesn't matter, we will never know.




So here are the scenarios and the ways that Target saved my ass.




1. I was looking for a banner for my daughter's birthday to hang somewhere in our house and remind her that she is loved and that we remembered her birthday. I never thought that I would find such a cute-tastic banner, in my very simple style for such a great price. Especially in that crazy, ugly, scary birthday crap aisle that every big box store has. Target has one too and it's filled with Dora birthday party theme packs and goody bag stuffers like those annoying noisemakers. I held my breath, tried to be a good mom and took a jaunt down the aisle and to my surprise I found THIS banner. It was twelve freaking ninety nine. That's it! It hangs as one piece and is awesome and I plan to use it for every kids birthday going forward. It comes in these pastels or in primary (boyish) colors. They are felt applique's and I fully plan to tell people that I made it myself.




2. Today I brought the kids to Target. This is a rarity as when I go there I mean serious business and I don't need any distractions and they don't need any more toys so it's always hard to leave with just the essentials. So there we are and it is nearing lunch time. We planned to go to the park after and I didn't want to go home and pack a lunch. I also didn't want to hit the "golden arches" (McDonalds) for the second time this week. The 4 year old only eats PB&J but I assured her that they wouldn't have that at the snack bar at Target. Low and behold we walk over there and they have pre-made PB&J in packets. They look like those Smuckers PB&J pockets that you can buy in the freezer aisle. They have 15 grams of fat and are 310 calories each but in a pinch you will feed that to your kid. Amazing. Bless your big red bullseye heart Target. Oh and your popcorn and milk rule.





9 Comments:


  • You and I have a similar passion for Target. I came across the same awesome banner and found it inspiring. You can take a look at the card I designed based on that banner on my blogspot.
    http://sewanyway.blogspot.com/

    I totally love your blog! oh, and my Target does sell fresh flower. Best darn flowers you can get for 5 bucks!


    By Blogger Sew Anyway, on Friday, July 11, 2008  



  • Welcome back! You've been gone a while...


    By Blogger "Intentionally Katie", on Friday, July 11, 2008  



  • luv your blog!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Monday, July 14, 2008  



  • Wow, just found your blog. I moved to Maui from San Diego last year and sadly, Target hasn't come to Hawaii (yet). I used to frequent Target at least twice a week...it was sad, really. lol

    I guess I will just have to live through your blog. Mahalo!


    By Blogger Ohana Mama, on Thursday, July 17, 2008  



  • i love the simplicity of the birthday banner. i'm the same way when it comes to kids' birthday decor.

    prasti
    heretothereadventures.blogspot.com


    By Blogger Prasti, on Sunday, July 20, 2008  



  • I totally agree on the cheesy birthday aisle. Thanks God my kids aren't old enough (and don't watch too much tv) to know all those characters (aside from Elmo). We're doing a ball theme for my son's second birthday. The invite is a picture of him playing with about 15 balls ($2 at Target). The balls and a bottle of bubbles (dollarspot find for 5 bottles) will be the give aways. I think I'll go buy the banner too. Love it!


    By Blogger One Desperate Mom, on Wednesday, July 23, 2008  



  • One way in which you saved my ass: I was actually going to make something similar, but much more complicated so that I didn't have to spend $30 on one from Etsy. Now I am going to buy this one this weekend. My baby's first birthday is next week.


    By Blogger Peeved Michelle, on Saturday, August 02, 2008  



  • hahaha! I totally designed this banner, but you are more than welcome to take credit for it, I won't tell. My boss found this and forwarded it to me! Love the blog! Who knew!?

    xo angie


    By Blogger Angie Hanson, on Wednesday, August 20, 2008  



  • I stumbled upon your site when I was doing a search on Target formula, and I think we are long lost twins! I'm reading your blog and it sounds just like me! When we moved 2 years ago, I was elated that we were 3 minutes (I timed it that first drive) to a Target, and I'm there constantly. I am inlove with that store! So great to read your blog!!


    By Blogger emstitt, on Thursday, September 11, 2008  


Post a Comment

<< Home