Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I almost

CONFESSED!!!

So- picture this. You are me, co-owner of this FAB site that everyone who knows and loves Target reads and are so proud of yourself because you have a captive audience who cares what you buy at Target and what you have to say and THEN- you meet the REAL live version of your audience in the baby aisle at Target.

Shuffling down the Amy Coe aisle, latte in hand, pushing her red cart with her newborn in it and I stop with my kid in the cart and we get to talking blah blah blah and she says " I am SO happy! I have my latte and it's just me and the baby out at Target-I Love this place don't you?". Ok, so then picture me about to die laughing because "do I love Target? Um, yeah.".

We both agree that Target should install cup holders as an option on your red cart if they expect you to fully enjoy your latte and at that point I almost confessed. I had a HUGE desire to tell this woman who I did not even know that I am the slave to target. Maybe she has heard of our little blog here, maybe not but either way I kept my mouth shut. Some people don't even know what a blog is- can you imagine? What are we on Mars?

I almost peed my pants at the thought that redhot and I could be super famous and go on the Today show because we are THE slaves to target and that there are Target employees and shoppers out there that read this blog and could be thinking about us and walking right past us and not even know it!! Ok, done with my ego trip, but all of you have been so enthusiastic about the blog I can't help myself, it's your fault.

Anyway I only spent $68 today. I can't believe it. I bought some cute farm animal tees and a puzzle for the kid, some pillows since they were only $4.99 and our bed pillows were super disgusting. Some method bathroom cleaner in mint eucalyptus which I am way psyched to try and a cool hoodie that is a knock off of those expensive "tattoo" hoodies at all the hollywood stores. that is it I think, oh and toilet paper but you don't really care about that do you? maybe you do.....





11 Comments:


  • Don't do it!! lol...I've often thought about how weird it would be to run into someone from the blog-world unintentionally! lol..How bizarre!


    By Blogger Humor Girl, on Thursday, September 22, 2005  



  • Ooo, idea, idea... super cute Slave To Target business cards with the blog address. For those red cart run-ins. :) Just hand her a card.

    *sigh* I love this site!


    By Blogger Ms Meh, on Thursday, September 22, 2005  



  • But Target DOES have cup holders for your latte! If the team member in Starbucks did not offer, please ask for one as they should be readily available!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Thursday, September 22, 2005  



  • Cupholders are available at my Target Starbucks. They are usually in a little basket right there on the counter near the register!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Thursday, September 22, 2005  



  • About the cupholders- I Mean that they should have attachments on the CARTS so that you can rest your latte. sorry I did not clarify that, but that is my xmas wish if you are listening Target. I know there must be issues with kids safety etc, but then again if you have a young kid in the cart than DUH don't attach a hot beverage.

    About the biz cards, could be interesting but that is what we are trying to achieve by selling the red cart romance tees. YOU the Target lover and lover of our blog can help us spread the word that way all over the country.


    By Blogger RedCartRomance, on Thursday, September 22, 2005  



  • the aforementioned cupholders clip to the cart - you can put them wherever it is convenient for you. I put mine way on the back of the cart so the kiddo can't reach it, but if you don't have a kiddo, you could put it right by the front.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Friday, September 23, 2005  



  • I don't imagine there are safety issues as my local supermarket has cupholders on their carts ever since they brought Starbucks in as well.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Friday, September 23, 2005  



  • OMG I am SO going to demand a cup holder attachment for my cart next time. WTF? I never saw anything like that....

    Don't they know who they are dealing with? LOL

    PS. My desk is not here yet. What is the hold up? It's okay they are probably busy writing a nice note to ship with it and figuring out how to get someone in the box with the desk so that they can put it together for me when it gets here.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Friday, September 23, 2005  



  • When I was at Target the other day I heard a 3 (or 4) year-old telling his mom that they should put cup holders in the cart! He's going to grow up to be a lil' engineer.

    Love your blog, by the way. Adding to my blogroll.

    Oh, and I wrote about my encounter with the Target headquarters on my blog. Post is here: http://nannersp.blogspot.com/2005/05/mall-icious.html


    By Blogger Nanette, on Sunday, September 25, 2005  



  • Just surfed in... and am confused that Target doesn't offer the 'cup carts' at ALL Targets?????

    I'm in Iowa (I know I know... tell me about it) and YES we have carts WITH BUILT IN CUP HOLDERS. Molded red cupholders that are part of the cart - you can't take them off or clip them on. They are part of the cart just as your hand is part of your arm.

    Yeppers. Gosh - who would have thought that Iowa of all places would be so cutting edge? Ack!

    LOL.


    By Blogger Me, on Sunday, September 25, 2005  



  • I live within 10 minutes of 4 Targets, none of which I recall having any sort of cup holders on their carts. It SUCKS because how am I supposed to comfortably drink my latte?


    By Blogger RedCartRomance, on Monday, September 26, 2005  


Post a Comment

<< Home