Sunday, June 07, 2009

Um, Dear Target It's Me, Your #1 Fan.



So I have to say that while it is nice that Target is bringing back the Red Hot Shop that I so happily sung the praises of YEARS ago when I started this blog (I registered the domain FOUR years ago last week to be exact)- I am pretty super pissed that they are doing it in cahoots with another blog and not me.

I could bring you daily or weekly exciting products that you should buy from the Red Hot Shop. That is what I do anyway! I started this blog because I have a love affair with the very store. Did they contact me? no. Do I reach millions of fellow Target lovers and have a kick ass blog and have an accessible and unpretentious tone? Yes. Would I write about Dinosaur figurines? No. I wouldn't waste your time with stuff you don't need in this economy, but I would show you wicked cool stuff that I believe you could actually use. While keeping things "fresh and chic" and different.

Oh Well. I am still the #1 fan. I was getting dressed this evening for a book party and realized that my dress, bag and shoes were all from Target. Even my underwear and my shaping Assets by Sara Blakely sold only at Target.



RAFE for Target patent blue clutch. Fall 2006. No longer available but we first brought it to our readers then and I am still lovin' it.

Red Strappy Sandals by Mossimo


Dress purchased today for $24.99. Navy blue with white by Merona. Not even available on the web and I am bringing it to you before anybody else. How is that for keeping things current and fresh and chic? Sorry Target corp. Lots of people are "over" DailyCandy. I really wish you would have just given me a call.

Hmm while attending a book party I thought about writing my own book. A book about being blown off by certain big box retailer.





16 Comments:


  • I unsubscribed from Daily Candy months ago because most of the time, I cannot relate to their recommendations. You, however, always suggest things that I suddenly want, will use and CAN afford. Bad move, Target.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Sunday, June 07, 2009  



  • Absolutely love the dress, and as always, I love the blog. I'm glad that even though Target has snubbed you, you're still going to keep us updated on the finest Target has to offer!


    By Blogger rachie, on Monday, June 08, 2009  



  • Daily Candy is redic now! It used to be a useful and intersting 'find', now it's just lame. They soo should have contacted you!


    By Blogger Liz, on Monday, June 08, 2009  



  • I would only come here anyway AND if you find a way for us to email Target and push your blog, let us know!! We can sign petitions :)


    By Blogger Nancy Hood, on Monday, June 08, 2009  



  • Thank you for all of your comments!

    xo
    STT


    By Blogger RedCartRomance, on Monday, June 08, 2009  



  • I actually love the Daily Candy partnership! I think it lends extra credibility to the already reputable Target. There are lots of fun,unique products I have never seen before. Great gift ideas!


    By Blogger shopping addict, on Monday, June 08, 2009  



  • I usually just delete the daily candy emails most of the time because it's always stuff I can't afford or that is out of left field.

    I love your blog! I've been a loyal follower for years!

    fellow STT


    By Blogger Andie, on Monday, June 08, 2009  



  • I've been a fan of your blog from day one!

    Don't give up and don't stop what you're doing! It hurts to get blown off when you put your heart, sweat and tears into something you believe in, I honestly believe your day is coming. Don't give up!


    By Blogger *Tanyetta*, on Monday, June 08, 2009  



  • You absolutely are the "Target" blog! I would buy your book!!! :D


    By Blogger Jewel Sauls, on Monday, June 08, 2009  



  • Love your blog.I don't read Daily Candy--Target's loss,I guess!


    By Blogger elaine, on Tuesday, June 09, 2009  



  • you definitely should write a book!! and your outfit was adorable...


    By Blogger Sherri, on Tuesday, June 09, 2009  



  • I personally wouldn't give Daily candy any traffic. That's just me being a witch though :)

    p.s. we love your blog. please, don't stop :)


    By Blogger *Tanyetta*, on Thursday, June 11, 2009  



  • Daily Candy is so 2006. Do you realize that if you Google "I love Target" your blog is the first result? I vote that you go talk to @TargetINC on Twitter and see what kind of partnership you could stir up. You're obviously very devoted.


    By Blogger Unknown, on Monday, June 15, 2009  




  • You are pretty beautiful.!! Well, I am too a big fan of Target. I used do all my shopping from there.


    By Blogger Virginia Janet, on Tuesday, July 07, 2009  



  • I found this great site that allows you to create FREE FINANCIAL PLANS online wwww.optimize.com - Check them out!!!


    By Blogger Avi Shiwnandan, on Wednesday, December 21, 2011  


Post a Comment

<< Home