Tuesday, May 05, 2009

When Kids Are Along For The Ride

Department:Kids

Recently I was interviewed by a major magazine about my blog. They asked me many questions about the blog and my love for Target. One of them was if I had any certain process or ritual when enjoying my "Red Cart Romance" (going to Target)?

Immediately I said "I make sure if the kids are with me that we stop at the $1 spot". Now known as "See Spot Save". Sometimes items here are more than $1 but still, a couple bucks worth of distraction for the kids will make your shopping experience better. They so put that spot there on purpose for this exact reason. I am sure of it.

When I shop with the kids, or just one kid (when lucky), we hit the $1 spot and get a toy or notebook, or something that will keep them busy in the cart and be a "prize" for being good. So far I have never put anything back. We always leave with our trinket bought and paid for. It is funny that I was just telling the major magazine reporter about my ritual when my friend sent me some photos from her phone that exhibit exactly what I am talking about. See she knows the secret too! The text message photos were of her daughter who on a recent shopping trip at our favorite big box store, found herself quite distracted by some goodies at the $1 spot.




It took me a minute to figure out what she had held up to her eyes but then her mom informed me via text that it was dish scrubbers. So there you have it, you can get your Red Cart Romance on even with the kids in tow, you just have to be a bit adventurous!






5 Comments:


  • I love it!My kids have to have popcorn or cocorn as my 2 year old calls it and then doesn't share with mommy. During Halloween my 5 year old son asks if we can go to target on a daily basis to see all of the cool Halloween stuff.
    Who would've known 10 years ago that Target would be such a big part of our lives.


    By Blogger Shawna Del Real, on Tuesday, May 05, 2009  



  • fantastic post! love the pictures!


    By Blogger Robin, on Tuesday, May 05, 2009  



  • On our Target outings, we always stop by the bakery and get a free chocolate chip cookie.


    By Blogger {She}, on Tuesday, May 05, 2009  



  • How cute! My girls are older so it's a much more expensive reward system and I'm the one intrigued by the See Spot Save items. lol

    Congratulations on your magazine interview! :)


    By Blogger Tammy, on Tuesday, May 05, 2009  



  • I completely agree that the dollar section is great - for Easter baskets and Christmas stockings and birthday gift bags I often find great items there. I don't know how the Target buyers find such great items for the $1 section but I hope they keep it up!


    By Blogger Ejly, on Wednesday, May 06, 2009  


Post a Comment

<< Home