Monday, March 09, 2009

Yesterday I Only Spent $56

Department: Red Cart Romance

I can't believe I made it out of Target yesterday without hitting the $100 mark. This is mainly because after 8 months of living in our new town and having to re-adjust to a new Target layout I still don't have my groove and don't have the same joy I used to.

My local Target leaves a little bit to be desired. I am not sure why. I just feel like it doesn't have as much cool stuff as my old Target and the set up is reversed so I always get lost and by the time I find the diapers and essentials I need to leave. A money saving tip I have developed is to bring both kids. One in the front of the cart who can't be trusted with any un-purchased merchandise in her grasp and the other in the large part of the cart. She insists that everything is crushing her so it leaves little room for large impulse buys like bedding, furniture, art etc.

Yesterday we had a few things on the list and of course with my mommy-brain the ONE thing I was excited about getting, I forgot to add to the list therefore we forgot it all together. I wanted to get the baby a potty. She is 19 months but I think she wants to start trying it out.

What did we get?

-PediEgg- Yes I succumbed to the infomercial peer pressure and bought it when I saw it at checkout
-Diapers- LOVE Target diapers- can't stand anything else
-Method air freshener refill, only to get home and forget where I put then dang part that you plug into the wall. F!
-Pet Hair removery thingy by Scotch brand
- Refills for pet hair remover thingy
-Pet hair lint rollers

that's it! So lame. Oh and at the $1 spot (which I always hit first) we got a Marvel Spiderman notebook. I like to get the bribery out of the way in the beginning. That way the 4 and a half year old has to stare at her prize the entire way through the store with the threat of it going back if she is not good.


BTW- Nobody has anything to say about the Chaia Mocs? Seriously? That adds to the consipriacy. Interesting....





5 Comments:


  • and of course with my mommy-brain the ONE thing I was excited about getting, I forgot to add to the list therefore we forgot it all together.

    i hate when that happens! i went to target today and only spent $12. i find it's always a challenge to stick to my target list.


    By Blogger Prasti, on Monday, March 09, 2009  



  • less than a hunnid bones at target?

    you slippin' :)


    By Blogger *Tanyetta*, on Tuesday, March 10, 2009  



  • My local Target (the one across the street...ok, highway) is STILL closed after being hit by a tornado a month ago! There is another one a few miles away, but I totally get being in the groove with where everything is in your regular Target!


    By Blogger snarflemarfle, on Tuesday, March 10, 2009  



  • @Tanyetta
    hey it's a recession!


    By Blogger RedCartRomance, on Tuesday, March 10, 2009  



  • I so am not loving my Target here in our new town either where we use to live it was a SUPER target and oh man could I do some SERIOUS damage there...here I spend only 1/2 the amount normally ..but still I luv to walk the aisles!!


    By Blogger Kerry, on Wednesday, March 18, 2009  


Post a Comment

<< Home