Saturday, July 28, 2007

What Goes Together Better Than Whales & Skulls

Department: GO Designers


Well according to InStyle Magazine's Makeover issue that I received last week in my mailbox Skulls are OUT for Fall. So then why are they showing Libertine's Skulls & Whales weekender bag in their issue as well? Who knows. Oh yeah, that is right because Skulls really do rock- it's undeniable.

Maybe I am biased since I am a Tri-Sigma (that is a sorority) and to us Tri-Sigs -skulls mean something. So that being said I love a good skull motif. I also love a good whale motif. Put them together on a navy canvas tote and I am excitedIt's all very 'Pirates Take Nantucket' to me. LOVE it.





2 Comments:


  • That stuff is so cute and so reminicsent of the preppy 80s, but with an edge. Too big I'm a plump prego and couldn't dream of fitting into any of it!


    By Blogger Jill, on Saturday, July 28, 2007  



  • I saw that article too. But who says "Style" is the Holy Grail of Fashion?

    I love the magazine, but have seen several times they have missed a trend altogether.

    I love the Libertine Whale and Skull Duffel bag, the skull tee, and the skull vests.

    I try to keep up with trends, but I've seen trends never take off.

    I prefer to rock my own personal style, but I always look to fashion publications for hints, but I resent dogmatic style magazines.....after all, they are driven by design houses and ads.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Monday, July 30, 2007  


Post a Comment

<< Home