Monday, December 26, 2005

weighing in

So since I consumed no less than one pound of seafood, 6 jack daniels/coke mixers, 3 pounds of chocolate, 1 pound of bread and 20 pounds of cheese over the weekend I woke up this morning even more obsessed about my fat A than usual. sure I could head to the gym ( if i could afford to belong to one and have a nanny on staff) but instead I sit here on my fat A and blog to the fellow STT out there.....

At Target.com there are several scales, one in particular struck me as being a little over the top. The Toddler Scale. First of all, as a parent I can speak freely about this issue and say a big WTF? Talk about starting your kid off on the wrong foot!

I am sorry but is the world really coming to this? If your kid is so big that you can't make it between their frequent pediatrician appointments without weighing them- there is a problem. If you are trying to have a 7 year old anorexic than fine, spend $99 on a scale......OR you could try holding them and weighing yourself then subtracting your weight to get a rough idea if you just have a healthy curiosity of their current weight. Otherwise, YIKES.





3 Comments:


  • Wow that's messed up. Also, thanks for reassuring me that I'm not the only person in the world who consumed an average Guatemalan's annual share of food in about 5 hours!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Monday, December 26, 2005  



  • ok, well i wouldn't buy a scale that is specifically made for toddlers, but i did buy a new scale that is digital because it was too hard to see the old-fashioned dial one when my toddler was on it...and actually, it's for the OPPOSITE reason...my child has always been ZERO percentile in weight, meaning not on the charts, and i like to see that he has actually gained half a pound here or there.

    he's gone through a slew of tests and whatnot, and he is completely healthy (just genetics), but just really skinny.

    so not everyone out there is weighing their kids to find out if they weigh "too much"!

    but like i said...i wouldnt buy a scale to put in my kid's bathroom, he can just step on mine! no reason for it to be shaped like an animal (well...maybe a pig!) ;-p


    By Blogger krysten, on Monday, December 26, 2005  



  • i hear you mommies, my kid is skinny and i have often been tempted to use the grocery store scales! i used to weigh diapers to see if there was enough pee! the first thing that popped into my mind though was how extravagant of a purchase this is LOL! it's sort of cute though...


    By Blogger RedCartRomance, on Monday, December 26, 2005  


Post a Comment

<< Home