Friday, August 05, 2005

The Bullseye is better than Mickey Mouse…

********A little while back we posted this guest blog from a fellow Target addict. We then erased our blog by accident so here is a repost!


By: Distressed Jeans
http://conversationsfamouspeople.blogspot.com/

I feel the excitement before I am even in the store. My bowels feel loose and I hope I can keep my bladder under control. Who knows what goodies I’m going to find with a bright red sticker saying those magic words: Clearance, $3.48. I just never know. Gripping my purse tightly, I walk through the automatic doors and feel the whoosh of cold air and the gentle scent of freshly roasted hot dogs and buttery popcorn floating in the air. It’s a near religious experience. My first order of business is to secure the trip with a cup of hot coffee. Then the fun can begin.

Grabbing the red cart, I head directly for the juniors department or if I’m feeling lucky, the jewelry area where I am sure to find a little something trendy for my ears and neck. Then it’s over to the clothes where a smile is fastened on my face, I love clothes! Last winter I found the cutest pair of turquoise jeans with back pockets that made my butt feel as round and small as a freshly picked Granny Smith apple. I did not buy them and trust me, I regretted not doing so even now, months later. The jeans would have been very hot with a funky belt and tank top. I would have had the paparazzi chasing me for a photograph I would be so cute. When you find a treasure, you must act upon it. The pants were long gone when I went back to buy them. I hunt for clothes with the precision of a military sharpshooter, going in and stealthily pawing through the racks of clothes, pants, shorts and skirts. Isaac Mizrahi beckons me and then I hear Mossimo call my name. I am able to launch my attack quietly and with full concentration.

I may meander though the shoe department, taking time to try on a wedge or pump and admire my feet in a tiny mirror that sits on the floor. With flip flops being under $4 it is entirely possible to get a pair in every color and have money left over for cosmetics.

Usually I skip around the store, admiring the bedding, curtains, pillows and bathroom stuff, creating an imagined need for cute cups and a nifty soap dispenser. The kitchen department has every gadget you could dream of and since when don’t I need a new smoothie maker? Amazingly, one lands in my cart along with a ceramic pineapple and a Mexican inspired tablecloth. The angels sing and the music swells as I enter into the beauty aisle, where I must pick up every new item and debate whether or not I need a twenty sixth tube of lipstick or gloss. Most likely I will toss a mascara in the cart, usually L’Oreal Voluminous in Black Noir, just FYI. I can justify a purchase ten ways in this department. Of course I need a new perfume! Body lotion? Sure. A loofah? Certainly! And who wouldn’t benefit from a facial puff? Please! Toss it in the cart.

Winding down my shopping experience which is on par with a trip to Disneyland but better because I can afford to buy more, I get a bag of Starbucks coffee and toaster strudels. When I get home, I wonder how a watering can, sports watch, a planter of jasmine, spiral notebook and set of magic markers have found their way inside my home. Looks like I need to head back to return everything. Or not. Or just you know, poke around and see what’s new.





1 Comments:


  • Informative article. Thanks for sharing. I would like to share information about the Top mobile app development company in Pune. Transparency and client satisfaction are embedded in the company's DNA. From project initiation to completion, the top mobile app development company in Pune keeps clients informed, ensuring a collaborative and seamless development process. Timely delivery and a focus on exceeding expectations make them the trusted choice for businesses seeking a transformative mobile app experience.


    By Blogger Mobile app development company, on Thursday, January 11, 2024  


Post a Comment

<< Home