Friday, September 21, 2007

Fabuless

Department: Advertising

Have you guys been receiving the fabuless mailers?



I assume the ads are some type of direct marketing promo for frequent shoppers. I do not have a Target credit card,
and though I do look at Target online a lot, I have never bought anything from the website. I do use my debit card when I go to Target (um - several times a week), so my purchases and shopping frequency are undoubtedly cataloged and recorded.

With the assumption that these mailers are sent out in limited numbers, I am left to wonder how I rank at my store? Is there another Target obsessed gal in my area who out shops me? One security guard salutes me when I come into the store, and some of the managers recognize me as well. So, I'm thinking I'm damn near the top of the list. OK - maybe that's not something to brag about...

Anyway, I do enjoy the fabuless circulars. Though I've already seen most of the items in the store or online by the time they come out, there is always something new to consider. The pictures are fun - more like a high end store's ad than something you would see for a typical big box store. And there's usually some type of coupon. Spending $100 at Target in the departments listed on this coupon? Hm...chump change...

~jen~





8 Comments:


  • I do get those. I also get coupons in the mail from Target that not many other people I know get. I assumed I got on their mailing list from my baby registry three years ago, but it could be just from regular shopping (this morning I made my second stop in a week :-|)


    By Blogger Jill, on Friday, September 21, 2007  



  • hmph. No, I don't get those and I've been to target at least twice this week.

    i'm jealous.


    By Blogger Andie, on Friday, September 21, 2007  



  • I do not get those, but I have a Target card.

    I actually have an aquaintence who works at Target corporate designing databases and progams to figure out just who to send this stuff to, and who to save the postage on. Target (and others) document all kinds of stuff on people.

    My Mom works for Target and she does not get any mailings...I guess Target feels her discount is enough.

    Oh, I love my Big Brother, Target.


    By Blogger Missy, on Friday, September 21, 2007  



  • Mu hubby works at Target and we don't get any of these either....every once in a blue moon I'll get a mailing:)


    By Blogger Raesha D, on Friday, September 21, 2007  



  • Last week, I have purchased a very beautiful dress from Target store through CouponAlbum site at a reasonable price...I like it...


    By Blogger jenifer, on Saturday, September 22, 2007  



  • i shop at target at least twice a week AND I have a card, but i never get the mailers. It's funny, my mom gets coupons and she never shops there. She recently got a coupon book the was 'for teachers only'...not sure how that happened....she hates kids.


    By Blogger Laddibugg, on Sunday, September 23, 2007  



  • I get the mailer and the coupons, but probably because I always shop at Target and spend lots. I love it! $10 off your next purchase of $100. Awesome! I agree that their mailer does look high end, and it's very well done.


    By Blogger Fashion Trend Guide, on Wednesday, September 26, 2007  



  • A lot of the mailings are also based off of zip code and their core customer demographics. Target likes high frequency female shoppers (age 35+) with lots of disposable income ($60,000+). They're also starting to go after the 50+ crowd too.


    By Blogger specialk, on Monday, October 01, 2007  


Post a Comment

<< Home