Monday, August 20, 2007

Leave it to Target to make the gift card cool!

Department: Gift cards

Have you guys noticed how many cute gift card options Target has these days?

I visited my local store yesterday to buy, among other things (many, many other things -- ugh!), a new baby gift. I made up a cute little lion-themed gift basket (the baby is a Leo, as am I) and threw in this card for the new parents to use to stock up on other fun, or necessary, stuff -- only my card left the "Your New Baby" area blank, so I could fill in said baby's actual name. How cute, right!?!?!

In addition to these other cute baby-themed cards:


They have product-specific designs:



Gift cards just for kids:


For new homeowners:

Newlyweds:


And cards to say thank you:



And those are just the designs for the cards you can purchase online. I know I saw more cute gift cards scattered throughout the store. I even saw some fun designs for college students heading off to college, though I didn't see those online.

I usually don't like to give gift cards, because I love to come up with clever gift ideas. But Target actually makes giving a gift card clever!





4 Comments:


  • I absolutely *love* their clever gift cards. One time I got one from work (we got them as little incentive rewards). It was tiny and not even square, had a photo of two of the "target dogs" with the bullseye circles around their eyes? Anyway it was adorable and I ended up with a balance of about $2.75 left on it, and I couldn't decide if I should spend it or just keep it so I could look at it every time I opened my wallet!! Sorry for such a long comment but it just reminded me...how adorable they are!


    By Blogger Robin, on Monday, August 20, 2007  



  • Spend the money - and then keep the giftcard. You don't have to turn them in - they are free!


    By Blogger Wagz, on Tuesday, August 21, 2007  



  • I read somewhere that Target sells the most gift cards among all retailers. I'm sure the very cool gift card options has something to do with it. Over the years I've seen giftcards made from recycled material for those into "green", a card with a bubble wand and soap solution to make bubbles, and those cool rechargeable gift cards for college kids (the parents and the kids have two cards that are linked so the parent can add money and the student can spend it.) Target gift cards are the best. I like to collect them because they're oh-too-cool.


    By Blogger calluna, on Wednesday, August 22, 2007  



  • at the beginning of this summer, Target had a gift card that doubled as a pedometer...it was a promotion for Champion...i put $5.00 on three cards and redeemed them the next time i shopped at Target...they're the best little pedometers i've ever had...i wish Champion would issue them again..


    By Blogger starsquiggle, on Wednesday, August 22, 2007  


Post a Comment

<< Home