Monday, August 06, 2007

Best $20 I Ever Spent

Department: Bargain Shopping



So, I had an idea a few weeks ago for a STT post challenge. I ran it past RedCartRomance and she agreed, so here goes. What is the best $20 you ever spent at Target? It could be one item or a series of items that add up to roughly $20. Guest posters, share your stories, and readers, leave yours in the comments. Here's mine:



Earlier this summer, we wanted to get a kiddie pool for our 2 1/2 year old. But since we live in a condo with a shared yard, we had to find one that we could easily take down and store. Leave it to Target to give us the perfect solution. This pop-up pool has been such a treat for us this year! And for only $20.99 you couldn't ask for a better deal. It's so easy to put up, then take down and store, and it's perfect for one little dude and an occasional friend. If you tried to put four kids in it, as shown in the picture, they wouldn't be able to do much other than what those kids are doing -- sit around and look cute -- but it's more than big enough for my little guy and his fleet of boats. I know I could have paid a lot less for a kiddie pool if we'd gone for one of the hard plastic ones or an inflatable one, but they wouldn't have been nearly as convenient to store/easy to set up. And, for one, am not one to hestitate spending a few more bucks for convenience's sake.


So, fellow Slaves, what's the best $20 you ever spent at Target?

(CDPJ also blogs at Charming & Delightful)





6 Comments:


  • hmmm

    recently I bought this adorable spaghetti strap sundress for $12.48 on clearance and a pair of black sandals to go with it. total was right under $20! You can't beat getting a whole outfit for under $20.

    I also got their modern home towels on sale 2 for $7, and washcloths $2 for $4, so I got a whole set of really nice spa like towels for $20!

    I love target!


    By Blogger Andie, on Monday, August 06, 2007  



  • For $20, I can pick up two (or three, depending on sales) of the Mossimo Black plain v-neck tees. Perfect length, perfect fit, just... perfect. They are, quite seriously, my day-to-day mom "uniform," and I'll cry if they're ever drastically changed or discontinued, because I've been spoiled for other plain tees.


    By Blogger Jennie, on Monday, August 06, 2007  



  • Jennie - I am wearing one right now!! I buy them in XXL to accomodate my pregnant belly and love the length... those are great buys!!


    By Blogger Jill, on Tuesday, August 07, 2007  



  • Yoga Pants, the full-length cotton or cotton blend. (The current stock is a slightly different variation of these.) AT $19.99 the XL size comfortably fits by Plus sized behind. :)

    Got the first pair a couple of years back, and for a while, picked up an additional pair every couple of months. Great as alternates to sweats after the gym or on a weekend, and as warm jammies when I haven't done laundry. I even wear them to yoga sometimes.


    By Blogger ah, on Wednesday, August 08, 2007  



  • This was a tough one! There are so many things I have bought at Target and just loved! I had to pick two.

    For sentimental value, it would have to be a pair of Nick & Nora heavy flannel pjs that have hippy/gypsy nesting dolls all over them. I got them right after my daughter was born in January because I was anemic and constantly cold.

    For use, it would have to be my nightstand lamps for $8 a pop! They're designed to look like paper lanterns and fit wonderfully in our Asian-themed bedroom decor.


    By Blogger Unknown, on Wednesday, August 08, 2007  



  • I have to say the pair of Massimo peep-toe sling back wedge sandals that i bought last summer (and are still in this summer) are one of my best finds. I also have to agree with Adrienne about the yoga pants....they are awsome!


    By Blogger little ol' me?, on Wednesday, August 08, 2007  


Post a Comment

<< Home