Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Serious Granola Bar Dilemma

Department: Where Is My Favorite Target Product?

I love it when STT readers write me with their problems. Favorite merchandise suddenly missing from the shelves is usually the reason for the desperate email. I am happy to help as I know that many Red Shirts, Target Corp Employees and Buyers read my blog. Please help this man find his granola bars. Please. He sounds so pathetic and sad. In a fun-loving way of course! Plus, these granola bars sound so good and he makes me want some. Of course they are missing....


A loyal fan writes in-

Target sells SUPER DELICIOUS store-brand granola bars. They're organic dark chocolate granola bars, with peanuts, no hydrogenated nasty stuff, very wholesome and so on, and only at Target. And, THEY. ARE. TO. DIE. FOR. (also, 100 calories apiece). See, they are not only *dipped* in chocolate, but also sprinkled with dark chocolate chips! Yum! I used to eat at least two of these a day. My life stinks, my job is dull, girls think I'm annoying, BUT these granola bars made me HAPPY.

They made me happy, happy, happy.

But now they're... gone. WHAT? Gone, I said. No! Sadly, yes.

No store anywhere has them in stock! All they have are second-rate useless junky bars that simply wilt & slither back into their dingy box when I demand Ultimate Tastiness from them. What am I to do? There is no amount of all-caps loud text that can express my sense of loss, despair, and hunger. Well, maybe this: BOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO.

Perhaps this is related to the peanut scare, since my lovely bars had chompy lil' peanuts in them. But I DON'T CARE about that! Salmonella - pfft! Silly germs, I have powerful innards of steel! And these innards want delicious chocolatey peanutty granola bars inside of them!

And it CAN'T be about "poor sales". They sold me THOUSANDS of these things! Frankly, it was quite nearly myself single-handedly holding up the entire US economy with my granola bar purchases UNTIL Target took them off the shelves. Shame on them, and now... See? The banks are toast (toast being a fine food, yes, but whoever heard of chocolate toast?).

So um perhaps you might blog something about this travesty, work up some ground-rootsy appeal or something? I dunno. Sigh. I know you have numerous other seriously important shopping issues to work on. Sorry for writing an overly passionate 200 gigabyte email.

Anyhow, I still love Target, and I did get a nice tv stand for 60 bucks last week, a dark brown one... But YOU CAN'T EAT A TV STAND! Too gritty, argh. Oh well.

Best wishes,
Mr Slightly Distressed Also-A-Target-Slave





4 Comments:


  • Sorry I can't help at all... Just wanted to leave a comment of support for Mr. Slightly Distressed Also-A-Target-Slave in his quest for Ultimate Tastiness.


    By Blogger Lola, on Wednesday, April 15, 2009  



  • Wow. I don't know the ones he's talking about, but PLEASE find this man his granola bars!!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Wednesday, April 15, 2009  



  • Hopefully this is associated with the recent peanut scare, and the granola bars have been only temporarily recalled.


    By Blogger Target Addict, on Friday, April 17, 2009  



  • Wow! I'm going to look for them next trip to Target. Although, I live in MO and my nearest store is crappy. Happy Hunting Mr. Distressed, I hope you find your bars!


    By Blogger Kelly, on Thursday, April 23, 2009  


Post a Comment

<< Home