Thursday, November 17, 2005

Animal Abuse or Love?


Santa Claws Pet Costume

With the holidays approaching it’s time to get festive and put our fancy holiday garb on. But does that include your pets as well? Opinions differ. But being the lucky guardian of 2 good-humored dogs and 2 lovable cats I can honestly say that I would have my pets wear this attire … that is if they let me. But I know in my heart they would have nothing to do with these outfits. I could just imagine how upset they would be with me if I had them go out in public with this holiday apparel on and walk in front of their neighborhood friends.

I can’t help but laugh when I see these animals all dollied up by their owners who dress them up for Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc … I always wonder if our animal companions actually enjoy it or despise it with a passion, so I can't help but feel a bit of pity for them. But what do I know? Hell these animals could be in love with wearing their outfits and love prancing around even more. More power to them!

If your pet is keen on dressing up for the holidays then don’t forget to check out Target.com’s Holiday Pet Apparel. Don’t forget to send us pictures as well!


Christmas Star Party Collar





5 Comments:


  • My dog Lucy got a fabulous Darth Vader costume at Target this year for Halloween. She was a good sport about it. http://www.animalfarmantics.blogspot.com


    By Blogger Shalini, on Thursday, November 17, 2005  



  • total animal abuse... i can't see shoving my dog into a santa outfit. i'm all about the reindeer head gear though!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Thursday, November 17, 2005  



  • I have 3 dogs. One of them wears a Santa outfit every December and gets a photo with Santa. He dressed for Halloween too. The other two...well...it does not work out so well!


    By Blogger Jodi, on Friday, November 18, 2005  



  • haha, i dressed up my little italian greyhound up and she was actaully sad when i took the costume off!!! old navy (GASP!!! sorry!!!) has great pet parkas this year, fyi (tho targets would be FAR superior *nodnod*)


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Friday, November 18, 2005  



  • Some animals love to be dressed up and some hate it. I believe if the animal is ripping it off and really upset then well you should not try to put it back on.


    By Blogger Dinah, on Tuesday, November 22, 2005  


Post a Comment

<< Home