Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Shaun of the Dead



This is my movie pick of the month and most likely one of my favorite movies of all time. Shaun of the Dead is a part British horror, part comedy movie that was released in 2004. The synopsis of the film starts with brain-hungry zombies taking over the streets of London, yet an uninspired electronics salesman Shaun (Simon Pegg) can only think about Liz (Kate Ashfield), his girlfriend who just broke up with him. Shaun along with his freeloading roommate Ed (Nick Frost), manage to round up Liz, Shaun’s mom, and other friends to what they believe are a safe sanctuary. If you’re not a fan of zombie movies, I implore you to give this one a try. On the surface it’s a movie full of brain dead zombies and a few shocking moments, but unlike most horror movies, this one is brilliantly comical and witty.

Shaun of the Dead is available at Target.com selling for 25% off the list price. Be sure to browse Target’s DVD collection for other great deals.





6 Comments:


  • This movie CRACKED ME up! It is an owner for sure... I loved how this whole thing went totally unnoticed by Shaun as he slipped on blood and walked over the dead convenient store guy LOL..... great movie! Nice blog too - I bet Target LOVES YOU! I like you too!


    By Blogger Mary, on Wednesday, August 24, 2005  



  • I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! It is one of the few I will watch over and over and over again.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Wednesday, August 24, 2005  



  • Great movie! It holds up on repeated viewings too!


    By Blogger Jodi, on Wednesday, August 24, 2005  



  • One of my fave movies!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Wednesday, August 24, 2005  



  • This was one of those movies you stumble upon on cable and get sucked into. It was fantastic!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Thursday, August 25, 2005  



  • My husband and I saw it on Cable again this weekend. One of the best movies every made! Well written, funny, a bit scary and sweet!
    And yes I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Target!


    By Blogger foodiechickie, on Monday, August 29, 2005  


Post a Comment

<< Home