Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hello Pretty Kitty

Department: Girly Stuff

So, not a HUGE fan of Hello Kitty. This is not because I don't think it's cute because it is in a bubblegum way, it's more because I really never had any of it growing up and neither did any of my friends. I am a child of the 80's, but I swear either there was no Hello Kitty merch around my town growing up or my mother was just really good at keeping it away from me. Between you and me I don't think she digs the kitty. Mom, if you are reading this- it's ok, it's no big deal.

Anyway, I got a note from a loyal STT in my trusty email box saying that the waffle maker by Hello Kitty at T.com is pretty cute. I bet it is. I went to T.com and put in "hello kitty" into the search box and found 72 or so products! Now, I don't really have a spot for the kitty in my house but if you are bubbly and Lisa Loeb like, I bet you can find use for this and pull it off. Excuse my while I go on a Lisa Loeb tangent for a moment. Here it goes:

Do you all watch her new show on E!? #1 Single? It's a good show- sometimes I can even talk my hubby into watching it, only because he is a musician and I think he really likes to watch it because LL is cute, but he pretends it's for the music. She is cute, I love her style, her voice (singing not talking), her cute NYC apartment, but what I don't love is her picky dating attitude. I know that she is a special person but she is becoming such a weirdo about this whole dating thing. She is so talented and pretty and smart but her confidence SUCKS on these dates and honey please- if my friend and sister who BTW are single but pretending to be love guru's told me not to pay for anything on a date and bossed me around I would be like "whatever"! I almost died of embarassment for LL when she had that poor guy pay for her Container Store purchase of over $350 of shit for her new pad on their date! WTF was that? Is she that Duh?

Ok so off my tangent, much love to LL but gosh! Anyway- Lisa Loeb loves Hello Kitty, on one episode she was gifted a Hello Kitty Rice Cooker on the Isaac Mizrahi Show (love it). It looks all cute in her kitchen but like I said, it's a bit tough to pull off.

Here are some cute things that if I was the easy-bake, cat glasses, pigtail, cupcake type, I would certainly display proudly in my home. That generalization is not meant to be an insult, I sincerely wish I was a pocket sized little cutie so I could pull off the whole Hello Kitty thing. Click on the pics for more.















15 Comments:


  • I never had Hello Kitty growing up either. I was actually surprised when I learned it was an 80's thing because I literally didnt know anything about HK until I was in my 20's.

    I feel you on the LL and the container store purchase. I was horrified when she let him by that stuff. I was like, "WTF!" I was so glad when she paid him back.


    By Blogger Laurie, on Wednesday, March 08, 2006  



  • I tune in to Lisa's show occasionally. I like her too, but her dating sense is like a 20 year-old.


    By Blogger Liz, on Wednesday, March 08, 2006  



  • I am sure HK was around before the 80's I just feel like I geographically missed it or something.

    Exactly- her dating sense is off. She expects Mr. perfect to walk through the door. NO one is perfect, what she needs is a few nights in a row of "Mr. Perfect For Right Now" :)


    By Blogger RedCartRomance, on Wednesday, March 08, 2006  



  • Good thing I'm not the "easy-bake, cat glasses, pigtail, cupcake type", or I'd be insulted.

    Lisa's show makes me cringe. But I'll take waffles any day. Kitty or not.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, on Thursday, March 09, 2006  



  • i hate to bring up a disturbing fact, but in Japan they have all kinds of Hello Kitty. Yes that goes without saying. But they even have "adult toys" with Hello Kitty all over it, and they are not marketed for adults if ya know what I'm saying.


    By Blogger Robyn, on Thursday, March 09, 2006  



  • the "adult toy" is a HK vibrator.. and it's only seen as adult b/c when adults hear vibrator.. we think of somthing naughty.. plus I've seen the HK vibrator and it doesn't look like something you'd use that way.. unless you are into pain..

    Hot Topic also has the Punk and goth HK stuff and that is marketed to adults.. Since the 90's alot of HK/Sanrio items are marketed to older people.. I doubt an 8 yr old has use for a ChocoCat check book holder (which I have).. I also have hello kitty checks!

    Anyhoo.. I want that sewing machine.. the $106 green one.. It's actually had nothing but good reviews! :)


    By Blogger Unknown, on Thursday, March 09, 2006  



  • Why, why, OH WHY are those flip flops only in little girl sizes???


    By Blogger AngieBrumley, on Thursday, March 09, 2006  



  • Ooh! A sewing machine!


    By Blogger Stephanie, on Thursday, March 09, 2006  



  • i'm a little confused...what ELSE should we think of when we hear "vibrator"???

    lol!


    By Blogger krysten, on Thursday, March 09, 2006  



  • I am so getting that sewing machine.


    By Blogger Peeved Michelle, on Thursday, March 09, 2006  



  • I had a Hello Kitty moment, when I actually thought for one week one summer that I might like a t-shirt. I quickly rethought that when my friend's niece came over in head to toe gear. Do not want to be looked at as a 7 year old.

    www.advantagestyle.blogspot.com


    By Blogger Unknown, on Thursday, March 09, 2006  



  • I appreciate the attempt at clarification, but I've seen a picture of the vibrator, and if you are using it for pain, you're using it wrong. It sounds like exactly what it is.


    By Blogger Robyn, on Friday, March 10, 2006  



  • http://www.jellyflaps.com/ebaye/images/hellokittyvibrator%5B1%5D.jpg

    it has a giant hello kitty on the top of it.. the pointy ears and shiz would hurt... :P Anyhoo.. lets just agree that japanese people are weird.


    By Blogger Unknown, on Friday, March 10, 2006  



  • I don't think it's right to say that Japenese people are weird. Obviously there is a calling for the product and I am sure in some circles it does well.


    By Blogger RedCartRomance, on Friday, March 10, 2006  



  • I have gotten sucked in by that LL show and I'm not sure why. I too was scandalized when she let that guy pay at the Container Store-so ridiculous. Thank God she paid him back or I would have stopped watching.


    By Blogger Shalini, on Friday, March 10, 2006  


Post a Comment

<< Home