Thursday, February 07, 2008

Speaking of Navy....


Department: Women's Clothing; Isaac Mizrahi

So after the post about that ADORABLE trench, I remembered something that I saw on my last trek to Target- this cute, vintage inspired shirtdress from Isaac Mizrahi. On the hanger, this dress is very cute; the fabric seems pretty nice and luxurious- and I've been considering the purchase of it. It is $44.99 and should be available at your local Target store.

I think I may head to my local Target soon to try it on! I'll let you all know how it fits and if it looks decent on those of us who have "ample" backsides, as I'm thinking the pleats may not be such a good idea for my large bum and hips. But you never know! I do love the vintage look though. It has a very Jackie O feel to it. With some cute peep toe shoes or kitten heels and a little off white cardigan, it would make a cute outfit!

Have you seen this dress? Tried it on? Tell me about it if you have!


Labels:





6 Comments:


  • Dress looks great in person, but was a bit overwhelming on me - I'm petite(4'11") and it was just too much fabric and too long. If I was only taller...it would be perfect.


    By Blogger v c, on Thursday, February 07, 2008  



  • Oh.my.gosh. LOVE THIS SITE. I just blogged that I had to give up Target for Lent because I added up my bills and spent over $500 last month! I even dreamt last night that I ordered a bunch of stuff online and was trying to justify it... can you say ADDICTED?


    By Blogger Kim, on Friday, February 08, 2008  



  • Love all the NAVY stuff posted...my question is... Is it better to get all this good stuff right away or wait until it hits the clearance section? I always rush to get it in the fear it will sell out - but then i get mad when I find it a month later on clearance. So to wait or not to wait?


    By Blogger Michelle B, on Friday, February 08, 2008  



  • well...I suppose you could purchase now and then, if the price drops significantly, purchase again at the clearance price and then return on the higher priced receipt. That's one way to work the system.


    By Blogger AshB, on Friday, February 08, 2008  



  • Giving up Target for Lent? Brilliant idea. I may have to do that next year.


    By Blogger The Modern Gal, on Monday, February 11, 2008  



  • OK, I just tried this dress on yesterday! (And sadly, it was not on sale. Grrr.)

    It was pretty cute, the fabric is luxurious. But it's so incredibly linty - the dress was totally covered in fuzz.

    So between the fuzz factor, and the fact that I felt like I looked like a retro stewardess, I decided to pass. But being that it was $44 I might change my mind!


    By Blogger gliterati, on Tuesday, March 04, 2008  


Post a Comment

<< Home